The Canadian Tamil Youth Development Centre (CanTYD) is a non-pro t organization that provides free programs and services to Tamil youth in Toronto. CanTYD describes itself as a youth-led, youth driven and youth-focused agency that recognizes the importance of involving local youth in the development of programs and is committed to developing leadership capacities among youth.
CanTYD was formed in 1998 to address the need to develop and empower youth, and foster a positive image of Tamil- Canadian youth within the mainstream and local community. As a non-pro t organization, CanTYD provides services to youth, parents, and other stakeholders throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
We are committed to empowering and developing Tamil youth by utilizing the principles of research, education, partnership, advocacy, assistance, and empowerment.
- Recognize and acknowledge the voices of young people
- Create alternative avenues for the self-expression of youth
- Assist newcomer youth in their integration into Canadian society
- Foster relationships through role models to inspire young people towards positive life choices
- Provide opportunities and training for young people to develop personally and professionally
- Empower youth to address and overcome barriers to their success